February 15, 2011

V-Day Wrap-Up

When Doug came home we celebrated Valentine's Day instead of waiting until dinner.  This was mainly because, although Weston is really well behaved, he is still a baby and therefore unpredictable.  We didn't want to try exchanging gifts at dinner if Weston needed our attention more.  I was a little leery of taking Weston out to dinner on this "couple's" holiday, but I was more reticent to leave him with a babysitter.

I gave Doug an iTunes card for his new iPhone and a magazine subscription so he can read about all the baseball happenings.

He came in with a dozen 11 roses (one broke when he was cutting the stems to put them in the vase). 

He also bought me 3 calla lilies.  Calla lilies are what I carried on our wedding day. 

Recently I mentioned that we have never been to any professional sporting events together.  Therefore, he bought me (which is a gift for him, just as much as it is for me) tickets to go see the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals play in April.  We will drive over to Atlanta to see family, go on a stadium tour and make a weekend out of it.  I'm very excited about going to the baseball game and everything else for that weekend.

We gave Weston a car that moves when the ball on the top is spun or when he shakes the "finish line" flag.  He immediately figured out how to make it move.  Unfortunately, a car that moves seemingly by itself is a little scary to a 7 1/2 month old.

Doug surprised me as to the dinner location.  We went to Grille29, which is a steak and seafood place.  Doug got steak and I ordered soup and salad.  The food was very good and both Doug and myself left very full.  Weston was an absolute angel.  He didn't make any noise and he looked SO handsome and grown up.

By the time we got home, the evening was gone, but tonight we are making Valentine's cake.  I'm excited whenever we make cake because when Doug and I first started dating, we used to make cake a lot and it was always fun to bake together.

No comments:

Post a Comment