February 26, 2011

Free Is ALWAYS Best!

Last night, after our dinner fiasco, Doug, Weston and I headed to a local arcade to play some games.

We received a coupon in the mail that said "FREE tokens- all your hands can hold".  Ok, we're in.  Since I have incredibly small hands (really I do, my 12 year old cousin's hand is bigger than mine), I nominated Doug's hand(s) for the token holding.  He went up to the desk and was invited to use one hand to grab as many tokens as he could.  He put them in a cup and into the arcade we went. 

We played various games for about an hour and a half and we still have a lot of tokens left.  It was very nice of this business to offer families an opportunity to play in their facility for free.  The place doesn't really lose that much money, since they have drawn you in, so you will probably spend money on drinks or snacks while you're there.  I definitely look at the business in a different way and we will definitely return to a) use the rest of the tokens and b) spend some of our own money too.

If more businesses offered an occasional free or low cost opportunity to the community, I feel their business would increase after the free/low cost opportunity is over.  It's a great way to advertise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment