February 20, 2011

I Finally Feel Something!!

A year ago today, I was 21 weeks pregnant.  I'd made it past the halfway point of my pregnancy, I was beginning to show and I was 2 days away from the "big" ultrasound.  Even though Doug and I weren't finding out the gender of our baby, we would still get to see our sweet miracle on the screen and the doctor would (hopefully) be assuring us that everything looked on target for our baby's growth.

The only thing that was missing from my pregnancy picture was movement.  I hadn't felt the baby move at all and people, including my obstetrician, had all told me I should have felt the baby moving about 3 weeks ago, even if this was my first baby.  I was trying not to stress out during my pregnancy, to keep the baby's stress level down, but it was very hard to know everything was alright with the baby when I couldn't feel him/her moving around.

On February 20, 2010, I finally felt the little being growing inside me move around for the first time.  I remember being so excited that I could now associate the little jumping jelly bean that I saw in the first grainy image more than 2 months prior to the fluttery feeling in my abdomen. 

Looking back, I think that maybe I felt the baby's movements before that, but didn't know what sensation I was waiting for.  Hopefully I will feel the next baby's movements earlier in the pregnancy, but if I don't, I will look forward to the day that I can connect the next miracle in my life to the waves in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment