February 7, 2011

Oh My!

When I was 8 months pregnant with Weston, my parents, Doug and I went to Gatlinburg, TN for a little R&R and a sort of "last hurrah" before the baby was born.

Even though I still had a little more than a month left before my due date, you would have thought that I was about to give birth right then and there, judging by people's looks and comments.

Several people saw me and would say "oh my!" like I was pregnant with triplets.  I didn't feel that big and the comments made me feel very self-conscious and no longer "glowing".

When we walked along the strip, people gave me dirty looks, like I shouldn't be enjoying myself and I should be home nesting.  Other people gave me a wide berth along the sidewalk.  I didn't need it.

Despite the rudeness I encountered, we had a blast in Gatlinburg and it was very nice to get away from home for a few days.  We went on a ski lift, a concrete slide and through a maze.  I couldn't go on go-karts or some of the other rides and things to do there, but it was still a memorable trip.

Was I really big enough to warrant the rudeness?

No comments:

Post a Comment