February 25, 2011

Dinner Was...

Interesting.

We went out to dinner tonight and from the time we walked into the restaurant, things went wrong.  We didn't even go out until later and the wait was 30 minutes.  We didn't mind waiting and asked for a table for 2, but needed a place for Weston.  When they called our name, we stood up and then the host looked at Weston and said, "Oh. We don't have space for the baby, so you'll have to wait longer."  Ok, lucky us.  However, someone else took our seat where we were waiting, so now we got to stand.

We finally got seated and immediately, the waiter was creeping me out.  He got near my face to take our drink order.  Then, the guy brought me the wrong drink.  Ok, no big deal.  It became sort of a big deal when 15 minutes later, I still didn't have my drink.  We also didn't have the complementary bread and I was starving.  Then the guy took our order, repeated it back to us and then we waited.  Our food came in a somewhat timely manner, brought to us by a random person, not our waiter.  Doug's was correct, but dry.  Mine wasn't the right meal.  The chap told me he'd get the right meal out right away.  Our waiter came to check on us and asked if we were missing anything.  Uh, my dinner?!  I told Doug to go ahead and enjoy his dinner while it was warm.

The waiter came back to our table a couple times, never bringing back my dinner, never apologizing about the absence of my meal.  Fifteen minutes later, my correct meal was brought out.  It was very warm and worth waiting for, but Doug was basically finished with his.

Although I wanted to say something to the manager, Doug didn't want to create a fuss and figured we would just deduct from the waiter's tip.  That all changed when the waiter returned with our bill.  He gave us someone else's check with our coupon taken off.  The bill had expensive seafood (which I don't eat and Doug didn't order) and came to about $20 more than ours should have (even with a coupon).  I got up to speak to the manager and explained the situation.  While he was fixing the issue, I went to the restroom.  On my way back, I was behind our waiter, who was picking up Doug's credit card and our receipts off of the floor, where he had apparently dropped them. 

We were glad to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment