February 9, 2011

Space!

For the past several nights, when Doug and I have gotten into bed, we have watched portions of "Apollo 13" on Netflix.  With Doug being an aerospace engineer, he is very interested in movies dealing with space and rockets.


Although I have seen this movie before, it has been quite awhile.  Therefore, I spent a good portion of the movie asking him questions about what the characters were doing or why they were doing what they were.


Last night, after we finished the movie, Doug and I began talking about the space program, the Constellation program and random other space related things.  Even though it was already late and Doug was clearly getting sleepy, he spent the next two hours explaining and discussing space with me.  The best part about our discussion was I got to see my husband's eyes light up when telling me about what he does at work, what the Ares rockets were supposed to do and while he answered my sometimes ridiculous questions.  It is so great to see how passionate about his job Doug is.  He is clearly much happier with his job now than he was at his previous job.  That makes me happy.


I love our late night discussions and I love seeing my husband excited about certain subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment