April 8, 2011

Other Blogs

Doug says that all I read is sad blogs.  He says that I only find blogs that document sick babies or children who died too soon.  However, this is not true at all.

The truth is that I read several Christian blogs.  Those blogs are occasionally ask for prayers for people in very sad situations.  I end up clicking the link to the blog to read the whole story behind the prayer request, basically so I know specifically what to pray for.  Then, I tell Doug the heartbreaking stories I've read about and he thinks those are the only blogs I read.  However, I read many blogs, most of which are just the daily lives of people, which isn't that significant, so I don't tell Doug about those.

Also, some of the seemingly sad blogs sometimes turn out well.  One example is Grace whom I have spoken about.  She wasn't expected to survive after birth due to defects discovered at 20 weeks.  She is now over a month old and only spent a couple weeks in the NICU.  I can't imagine thinking for 20 weeks of gestation that my baby wasn't going to survive past birth and then rejoice when she is born alive and seemingly stable.  The power of prayer works!

Finally, reading the "sad" blogs just makes me appreciate my family and my baby that much more.  I feel so horrible for the people I read about, but I am thankful that they share their stories, because it is their stories that make me realize just how blessed and lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment