April 12, 2011

Privacy and Safety

I've kept Weston's (along with Doug's and mine) face off of this blog.  I've also been somewhat vague about where we live and kept our last name off of the blog as well.  This was done basically to keep my family and myself safe from the crazy people that lurk the internet. 

The other day, when I wrote the post about Weston playing with the pudding, I planned on posting pictures of the fun.  However, the only pictures I have are of his face and I'm still not comfortable with having his face on the internet.

I'm glad I chose to keep his face off of this blog because a well-known blogger (at least here in the South) recently had someone take pictures from her blog and use them as their own, claiming that her children were their children.  Now she's struggling with keeping her family safe and keeping the creeps away.

This is very scary stuff, especially now when people can take anything from the internet and make up new stories and personas based on other peoples' lives.  I'm also terrified of pedophiles and those crazy women who can't have children and then go steal others' children.  

Therefore, I will continue to keep our faces and personal information off of this blog.  The dogs can stay because dogs all kind of look the same.  Plus, anyone that wants to mess with Hattie can try...but I can't guarantee that they will remain in one piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment