April 29, 2011

Turner Field

Ever since Doug and I met, we have discussed going to all of the baseball parks in the United States (and the one in Toronto too).  Doug loves baseball and I love traveling, so why not?

We would have still taken our daughter on these trips, but especially since we have a boy, Doug and I are excited to get started on our goal to visit all the ball parks. 

I've only been to Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL- which is the home of the Tampa Bay Rays.  Doug has been to Tropicana Field, Sun Life Stadium in Miami (Florida Marlins) and Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, OH (Cincinnati Reds).  However, neither of us have taken a tour of any ball park.

Today, we went on the Turner Field tour.  Turner Field is in Atlanta and it's where the Atlanta Braves play.  Doug loved seeing the behind-the-scenes goings on of a ball field.  I just enjoyed the sunshine and hanging out with my guys. 





There are seats right behind home plate that are $25,000 a piece, you have to buy them in pairs, and you have to keep them for 3 seasons.  That's $300,000 of outlay before you ever get to the stadium.  Goodness!  This is the view from those seats.

We had a great time!  Since Doug is a Chicago Cubs fan and I am a New York Yankees fan, Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium are definitely on our list to visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment