April 15, 2011

Show Us Your Life- Books

Today, Kelly is doing a "Show Us Your Life" regarding books.  I have never participated, but since I love to read, I thought 'why not?'.

I don't make a lot of time to read.  It seems that I find so many other things to do with my time that reading falls to the bottom of the priorities list.  I play with Weston, which is more important than reading anyway.  I am on the computer, either reading blogs or writing on mine.  I also have errands to run, meals to prepare and a husband to keep me busy.  So, like I said, reading (and time for myself in general) falls to the bottom of the priority list.

*I do read to Weston and read devotionals every single day*

BUT, when I do read, I really enjoy books by Mary Kay Andrews.  She writes books about women who are employed, but there is a dilemma where they work, whether it be a man, a customer or a calamity.  The South is a backdrop for all of her books.  I really love her books.  When I was pregnant with Weston and then while I fed him once he was here, I read several of her books.  I definitely recommend them!




I also have a few books that are waiting to be read, so I am not sure how I will like them yet.  I have Eat, Pray, Love and The Year of Living Biblically still waiting to be read.











I'm excited to read some suggestions of others that link to Kelly's page.  I'm also going to try and find more time for reading, even if that means less TV or computer.

1 comment:

  1. Eat, Pray, Love was a great book.....you will love it!
    I'll check out M.K. Andrews books....I love to read one that come with good recommendations!

    ReplyDelete