December 16, 2010

Why Do I Write a Blog?

People have asked me why I am writing a blog.  I guess I'm doing it for several reasons.

1) It allows me to write down my daily life, which kind of serves as a journal.  If I continue my blog, then in a few years, I'll be able to look back at my life now and compare it to how my life is then.

2) By writing about my family and life, I'm keeping a record for Weston and future babies as to my (and Doug's) love for him/them.  What we are doing with/for them.  I hope that he/they will appreciate reading about their childhood.

3) By writing a blog, it allows family near and far to keep up with our family and know what's going on, even if we don't have the chance to talk or catch-up as often as we'd like.

4) Finally, it gives me an outlet.  When you spend your day with a baby, it can get very monotonous.  When I write, I feel like I'm communicating with other adults.  Hopefully some of the monotony will be solved by church groups, moms groups and mommy and me activities.  However, writing a blog will still be an outlet.

Advent day 16:

No comments:

Post a Comment