December 5, 2010

Decorating Disaster!

I have decided that I am NEVER decorating the outside of the house for Christmas again.  Last year, my dad and Doug decorated our house, since I was too nauseous to help out.  This year, everything Doug and I have tried to do outside has not worked and required many extra steps to accomplish. 

Yesterday, we couldn't get the Santa sign to stand upright and the lights on the house had to be restrung.  Today, we bought lights to line the driveway.  Before going to the store, we measured the driveway and determined we needed 52 feet of lighting.  We had to go to 3 stores for the lights, because two stores were already out of Christmas items on December 5th and wouldn't be getting anything else for Christmas in.  At the store, we found what we wanted and the box said that it would cover 13 feet.  We thought, 'great, 13 feet x 4 boxes is the 52 feet we need'.  We got the lights home and found out that each set is only 7 feet.  This leaves us 24 feet short.  Excellent.  So we went back up to the store only to find out that they closed in 3 minutes and weren't allowing anyone else in.  Therefore, our yard is still only partially finished.  No pictures yet.  Better luck tomorrow.

Unfortunately, we spent the entire weekend trying to decorate just the outside of the house, so I'm looking forward to relaxing tomorrow.  Oh, nevermind, I have a 5 month old.  No relaxation for me.

Speaking of Sir Weston, here is tonight's Advent addition.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment