December 26, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Since Doug and I grew up in Florida, neither of us ever had a white Christmas.  I think I am a northern girl at heart, so I have always wanted to live where is snows and have a white Christmas.  One of my complaints about Florida is that it is always warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas Day, so it doesn't feel like Christmas. 

Yesterday, we woke up to this:

I told everyone that they could have not gotten me anything for Christmas and I still would have been THRILLED!!  I guess I'm excited by the little things in life.

Weston's first Christmas was also yesterday!  Santa definitely came to our house.


Since he is still small, Weston didn't really play with much of anything, but as he grows, I'm sure he'll become more interested in the things he got.

He did stay awake most of the day and while we opened presents, but by last night, he was overtired and quite crabby.  We put him to bed about 9 and he didn't wake up until 8:40 this morning.  He needed the rest!

My parents, brother and sister-in-law came from Kentucky to spend Christmas with us.  It was very special to me to have them here, because my brother will be deploying soon.  We had a nice time opening presents, seeing what everyone else got and just laughing and having fun.

It snowed all day today too, but we needed baby food, so we braved the snow.  It was fun to see the city all covered in snow.

When we got home, Doug and I had a colossal snowball fight.  Even Hattie and Waveland joined in.  It was a very nice day spending time with my little family.

I'm so glad Doug has the week off so we can just hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment