December 6, 2010

Monday Adventure with Doug, Ellery and Weston

Three days after we began, and many snow flurries later, Doug and I finally have 99% of the outside of our house decorated.  We have one light bulb that is out, but otherwise, we are finished.  Here is a picture of the finished product, minus a light bulb.

This is our "family" of stockings. 

Doug's temporary vehicle started acting up over the weekend, so he took my car to work today.  The only problem is that my car was not registered in Alabama, nor was the registration up-to-date.  Since we just moved, I let my Florida registration expire at the end of November.  Oops.  So Doug couldn't get a parking permit to go to work.  Therefore, we spent the morning between the mechanic and the DMV and the afternoon chasing down Christmas decorations.

As per the previous 2 days in my life, nothing at the DMV went as planned.  First, the DMV didn't have the paperwork they were supposed to have because their fax machine wasn't working.  Doug asked if we could have someone email the documents they needed.  Apparently, the DMV of Alabama, in 2010, doesn't have email.  What?!?!  Then, the car is in my maiden name, so we had to pay more than we expected to register it.  In my married name, we would renew the plate in July, so we would only pay for 7 months, but my maiden name doesn't renew until October, so we had to pay for 10 months.  The license plate is ugly, but the car is legal and registered.

Tomorrow, I plan to decorate the inside of the house and take Weston to the library.  I am looking forward to spending time with my little guy and making the inside of our house a lot of fun for his first Christmas.  Pictures tomorrow.

Today's Advent ornament addition (that's a mouthful!):


It is freezing here and it is supposed to be in the teens tonight.  Unfortunately, no snow in the forecast right now.  I am very tired of getting shocked everytime I touch something.

Have a great night and stay warm!!

1 comment:

  1. Even though it took a lot more effort than what it should have, I think our house looks amazing! Plus, besides the guy with the blue lights, I think we are the only house on the block with colorful lights. Everyone else has just plain white. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete