December 3, 2010

Living in a New Area

Due to Doug's job, I am very blessed to be able to stay home and raise Weston and watch him grow.  Since I taught before I became a mom, I believe that education and interaction with children from birth is very important.  Therefore, Doug and I read to Weston every night and have since the day we brought him home from the hospital.  Also, since I believe an educational situation can be presented anywhere, Weston and I try to go out everyday.  We've gone to the bookstore and library to read books.   Sometimes it's just to the grocery store.  We walk around the produce section and I show him the fruits and vegetables and I tell him about the colors and shapes.
 
As I've previously mentioned, Doug, Weston and I just moved to north Alabama about 3 weeks ago.  I don't know anyone here yet to go out walking with. Our neighborhood is very safe, but due to the size of it, there's not a lot of walking potential.  Since I am not entirely comfortable with the area yet, I am afraid to go for a walk or to the park with Weston by myself.  It's very sad to think this, but I am scared that someone is going to hurt or abduct myself and/or Weston.  It has also been quite chilly here. Thus, we have not been outdoors, just the two of us, a whole lot.  I do think that it is important for Weston to experience his surroundings, see the pretty colors of the leaves and feel the texture of a leaf, so I think next week, we will start venturing out in our area.  We will just have to make sure that there are a lot of people around whereever we go. 

Tonight, Doug, Weston and I went to a shopping area near our house.  There is live music on Friday and Saturday evenings and right now, there is a very large Christmas tree erected in the middle of the plaza.  Tonight while we were there, Weston was sleeping, but I hope to get a family picture in front of the tree sometime during the holiday season.


Weston putting on an ornament for night three of the Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment