March 29, 2011

Staying Home vs Going to Work

This isn't a post about which one I should do.  Nope.  This is a post about what choices Doug had this morning and he now has a clear answer on which he should have done, which is the opposite of what he actually did.

*Background Story- Doug has an old Camaro that he and his dad were going to fix up.  It ran alright, but they wanted to improve it.  Then I came onto the scene and Doug's money that he had set aside to fix up his car went onto my finger and into a wedding and honeymoon.  This made me feel very bad that his money was diverted, but I do appreciate it.  His car was taken to his parents' house at Thanksgiving 2008.  It remained untouched until we could get the funds together, which took until this past Fall.  We shared one car and after we had Weston, Doug had a beater car that was on its last leg, so that I would have a car to take Weston out and about.  When we moved to North Alabama, Doug's beater car stopped working, so again, we had one car.  He took it to work everyday, so Weston and I were stranded at home and I prayed that there wasn't an emergency with Weston.*

Last Thursday, Doug and I went and met the guy that was driving Doug's car to us on a car carrier.  Everything looked good and he drove it to work on Friday.  We used my car over the weekend, so he didn't drive his car all weekend.  Yesterday morning, he also drove to work with no issues.  Even though it was VERY cold, the car started right up.

This morning however, the car chose not to start and Doug assumes it is because it was cold.  As I pointed out though, it was colder yesterday and started just fine.  So, Doug took my car to work, picked up his laptop and came home to work, so that I could have the car.

Weston woke up early, about 8:45.  When he wakes up that early, I usually make him stay in his crib until at least 9:30.  This is for two reasons: 1) sometimes he will fall back asleep and 2) if he gets up too early, he spends the entire morning, until naptime, being a huge grumblebee.  Well, Doug didn't realize this so he grabbed Weston when he woke up.  In his defense, he wanted to give me a chance to sleep without listening to Weston whining on the monitor.  As predicted, Weston was in a terrible mood until he finally got a nap. 

Doug struggled to get some work done in between Weston's fits and the commotion going on around him.  In the middle of one of Weston's screaming jags, I told him that THIS is why the choice to go to work everyday is always better than the choice to stay home.  He may miss us when he's at work, but at least he can have peace and quiet and adult conversations.  Needless to say, he wholeheartedly agreed that he should have stayed at work (and should have left Weston in his crib a little longer).

No comments:

Post a Comment