March 9, 2011

Showers (Or I'm Claustrophobic)

We have two bathrooms in our house.  The master bathroom has a shower stall and a large oval bathtub in it.  The guest bathroom has the regular shower/bathtub combo.  I don't like showering in the master bathroom because the shower stall is very little.  The couple times I have showered in it, I have felt like I was going to hyperventilate and that the walls were closing in on me.

When I am in a crowd, on an elevator or in a small room, I don't have any problem with claustrophobia.  For some reason however, I hate showering in the shower stall.  Therefore, I always shower in the guest bathroom now.  This solves the problem just fine.

This got me thinking about my fears.  Any fears I have, I need to either address or keep to myself.  I don't want to project my fears onto my children.  I do not want them to be scared of something just because Mommy is scared.  I have seen family members' fears end up in their children and I don't want that for my children.  I will focus on helping my children with their fears, which in turn may help me with my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment