March 17, 2011

If Only I'd Known

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Six years ago today, my grandmother, Amie, and I went out to dinner.  It wasn't really for St. Patrick's Day, but because we were hungry.

We saw several restaurants advertising corned beef and cabbage.  I am not at all a fan of this meal, so when my grandmother suggested we go somewhere for corned beef and cabbage, I selfishly told her that perhaps next year she and her very Irish friend Kay could go out for this meal.

Had I known that she would only have two more dinners on Earth, I would have found something on the menu at one of the Irish restaurants so that Amie could have had corned beef and cabbage for her final St. Patrick's Day. 

I feel horrible that I denied my grandmother a meal she wanted, simply because I was too picky to eat at one of the Irish restaurants.

Sorry Amie!

No comments:

Post a Comment