March 2, 2011

I Miss Him...

Yesterday I mentioned that Doug, Weston and I were in Kentucky.  The reason for this is that my brother, who is in the Army, deployed to the Middle East. 

We all knew this day was coming, but it definitely didn't make it any easier to see my only sibling, my "little" brother, board a bus for danger.

Right now, he is in Ireland, not in danger.  This makes me a very happy sister.

When he finally gets to his combat zone, hopefully I will still hear from him on a regular basis, so that I know he is safe and sound.  He is a smart guy, so I know that he will come back home safely. 

I can't wait until the day that Doug, Weston and I head back to KY to meet the buses bringing all of the soldiers back home and I can give my brother a HUGE bear hug.

I think one of the saddest things I saw while in KY was the very pregnant or brand new mommas watching their husbands leave, knowing full well that when their husbands return, their babies will be crawling or walking.  The poor husbands are leaving their newborn babies, who don't have a personality and basically just lay around, and will come home to fully functional toddlers, thus missing the one year in which a child changes the most. 

Please pray for all of our soldiers who are fighting a war to ensure our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment