March 1, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

*Bodily fluids will be discussed in this post.  Don't continue reading if you have a weak stomach.*

We are currently in Kentucky for a reason I will discuss tomorrow.  Due to a situation with Hattie, we ended up bringing she and Waveland with us. 

Sunday night, the two dogs, who are usually excellent (and quiet) sleepers, took turns barking, which in turn woke Weston up.  Just about the time we would get him back to sleep, the other dog would bark and re-wake him up.  I ended up sleeping for about 30 minutes because after dealing with the dogs multiple times, I couldn't fall back asleep.

Last night though was the real doozy.  Yes, I used the word "doozy".  After an INCREDIBLY emotionally and physically draining day, Doug and I basically crashed into bed.  We had been asleep about 2 hours when, at about 3:45, Hattie started making all sorts of noise.  She was moaning very loudly, huffing and puffing as if she had been running for miles and basically being a total pain in the rump.  Because we didn't want Weston woken up again, Doug got up a couple times to tell her to shut up.  Finally, we took Waveland out of the crate they were in together to see if that would calm Hattie down.  With that, Hattie had a small amount of diarrhea escape her body.  I guess she was waiting for Waveland to be moved away from her so that she wouldn't poop on her.  I told Doug I'd clean it up, but he volunteered.

Doug began cleaning up the accident, but for whatever reason, my normally tough-stomached husband started heaving.  As I was telling him to leave the bathroom so I could deal with the poop, Hattie let loose with her entire intestinal tract of diarrhea.  Since we aren't dealing with a Chihuahua here, you can imagine how much a Great Dane's belly can hold.  Obviously, that's why Hattie was flipping out, she REALLY had to go and she was trying to tell us.  However, since Sunday night was so rough with the barking, we thought she was just repeating it.

I took Waveland out of the bathroom so that she wouldn't be in the poop.  When I returned to the bathroom to remove Hattie, she had used her nose to try and "hide" the poop.  She had then proceeded to sniff every surface of the bathroom, smearing poop high and low and walking through it.

At 4:30 in the morning, I get to walk up the hall to the front desk to ask if they have a mop I can use.  The clerk tells me that they don't have a mop, but they have a broom I can use.  I'm thinking "look lady, you don't understand the magnitude of crap I am fixing to deal with.  A broom will just not do the job."  So I asked if perhaps she had a dustpan I could use to squeegee the mess up.  She finally found a mop and bucket that I could use.  I sloshed back up the hall to start my custodian job.  Meanwhile, Doug put Hattie in the jacuzzi that was in the room to clean her off.

I cleaned up the mess and returned the mop and bucket.  The room smelled awful, but at least Hattie felt better and we could go back to bed.  Again, I couldn't go back to sleep, but Doug did.

Considering we have to drive back home today, I sure hope that Hattie's gotten everything out of her system!

No comments:

Post a Comment