January 10, 2011

We Are Snowed In!!

Overnight, 10 inches of white, fluffy stuff fell in our area.  The people up north laugh at 10".  In fact, a family member from Pennsylvania told me she doesn't even have the driveway plowed until the snow gets almost as high.  There are currently flurries, but I doubt that they will add much to the amount we already have.  However, the amount of snowfall we have is the third most they've had in this area in an overnight period.  The number one amount is 17".  That's a lot for a southern state!




We woke up and let the dogs out so that they could run around in the snow.  Hattie is definitely not a fan of snow.  Waveland thinks that it is absolutely wonderful.  However, Waveland convinced Hattie to run around in it with her.  I have a video, but I can't get it to load.  I will work on it though.

The entire area is shutdown today.  The only things open are emergency facilities.  It is very similar to Christmas and it's a little eerie.  Even if we wanted to go anywhere, we can't since there are no plows here and Doug and I don't know how to drive in this much snow.

Doug obviously stayed home, since his work is closed.  I think we will go have a snowball fight and/or build a snowman in a little while.  Maybe we'll take Weston out and take pictures, so we can have pictures of him in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment