January 16, 2011

Things I've Learned in 6.5 Months

Since becoming a mom, I have found I do things that I would have never done before Weston was born. Also, there are a few thing's Weston does that I figured I would not allow, but I do.  Here are a few items of Mommy-isms I have found myself doing or things Weston does:
  • Weston sticks his hand down my shirt and just rests his hand on my breast.  I let him keep it there because he it seems to comfort him.
  • I have gone out in public with spit-up and formula on me.
  • I will sniff Weston's back end to see if he's what we call "fresh".  Unfortunately, directly checking the diaper has resulted in many, shall we say, "dipped" fingers.
  • I pick my Weston's nose, with or without a wet wipe.
  • I have left the house and forgotten the essentials- diapers, blankets, burp cloths...
  • I songs that I find myself singing are not from the radio, but from Special Agent Oso and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • I narrate everything I do during the day, even after Weston's asleep.
As my mothering goes on, I'm sure I will find that Weston or I do things I swore I'd never do/allow my child to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment