January 9, 2011

Snow Day(s)!!

Here in North Alabama, we are supposed to get quite a bit (for the South) of snow tonight and tomorrow.  For me, this is quite exciting.  As I have mentioned before, I grew up in Florida and we don't see much any snow down there.  Therefore, when it snows, I have a child-like excitement.

We are supposed to get 8-10" beginning, well, now.  It is actively snowing as I type this.  Doug and I went out looking for something to go down snowy hills on, such as a snow tube or a flying saucer, but unfortunately, we couldn't find anything that would work.  If we decide to go down hills, we may use cardboard boxes or a laundry basket.  It's called Southern improvisation.

Doug probably won't have to go to work tomorrow and possibly not on Tuesday either.  He has the ability to work from home, so that will be helpful if the snow storm shuts down the area for a couple days.

I'm a little sad that Weston is too little to play in/enjoy the snow this winter.  Next year, when he's 18 months and can play in it, it won't snow here.  Such is life.

Today, while we were out, we stopped at Wal-Mart.  We noticed a sign that, although shouldn't have surprised me, did.  I'm not someone who wants to save all of the animals, but I HATE hunting and think that it is completely pointless.  I understand animals are food too, but I still think that hunting is ridiculous, especially if you're not going to eat it, but hang it on your wall, or shoot just for the fun of it.  I mean, raccoon and squirrel?  Seriously?  *Stepping off my soapbox.* Anyway, this is the sign we saw.

1 comment:

  1. Ellery - for 10" of snow in a Southern state I'm a little more sympathetic. :)

    ReplyDelete