January 4, 2011

Today

I thought today was NEVER going to end.  Weston woke up in a foul mood and it didn't get any better all day.  In fact, it got much worse.


We had someone working on our house today and while the man was here, I was trying to organize and get things done so that if he needed anything from me, I was close enough to answer or help him.  Therefore, I was not paying as much attention to Weston as he apparently thought I should.  So, he began screaming at the TOP of his lungs.  I ignored him for a short time so that I could continue doing what I needed to do.  When I did finally pick him up, he continued screaming. 


At some point during the incessant screaming, my mom called.  Not only did she think it was humorous that he was crying (she said every baby has a block of time that they scream for no apparent reason), but she also asked me if I had checked him for a fever (yep!), if I had fed him (yep!), if I had changed him (yep!), maybe he has an earache or is teething (nope!).  I think by 6 months in, I have figured out to run through the possible "issues" he may have had.  I will say, she was talking to him and he did slow down and/or stop crying, but he did return to screaming before we hung up.


He ended up screaming for about 4 hours before passing out for a nap.  However, when he woke up, he still was in a sour mood.


I think that he just needs a good night of sleep and to start with a clean slate tomorrow.  This is an important lesson as a parent-  don't hold a grudge past bedtime.  When your child wakes up in the morning, look at it as a new day, new opportunities.


That said, I'm looking forward to going to bed and starting anew tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment