January 17, 2011

My 26th Year

Two days after I turned 25, I got married. 

-As a side note, when we planned our wedding, I told Doug that just because my birthday and our anniversary were two days apart did not mean that he could just buy one gift and expect that it would "do".  It's kind of like having a birthday near Christmas.  If your birthday is near Christmas, some people try to cheap out and buy only one gift and expect you to spread it between two unrelated holidays. 

One month and 19 days after I turned 25, I found out that Doug and I were expecting a baby.

-Weston is an unexpected miracle and gift from God.  We definitely didn't intend on getting pregnant so quickly or having a baby within our first year of marriage.  Some people felt we were making a mistake, but that is its own blog post.

Nine months and 20 days after I turned 25, I gave birth to the most adorable and amazing little boy.

-Many strangers have commented that they think Weston is a "pretty" baby or the most handsome baby they've ever seen.  Of course Doug and I agree, but when he was first born, we thought people were saying that to be nice and that everyone says that to people with babies.  However, 6 1/2 months later, people still stop us to tell us how sweet and cute our baby is.  I'm flattered and hope that his siblings are just as cute.

My mom told me just last night that Weston is cuter than my brother and me.  I told her that she's wrong.  Your own children are cuter than your grandchildren.  The only possible way grandchildren are cuter is that you can send them back home.

I have got to say, my 26th year on this planet was the best yet.  Since I'm not getting married again, I don't think another year will be so eventful, but I hope Doug and I are blessed with several more children, which will make those years just as great at the 26th one was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment