January 20, 2011

I Heart NY

Yesterday, I briefly mentioned that I love New York.  I have been to places all around the United States and Europe and I can say, without a doubt, New York is my absolute favorite city. 


I first went to NYC in summer of 2005 with my family.  We stayed in midtown Manhattan, because we had gotten an amazing deal.  We definitely did all the touristy things you do in NY.  We went to Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Times Square, etc.  Unfortunately, the Statue of Liberty was closed still, so we didn't go there.  My brother and I rode the ferris wheel in Toys R Us.  My parents wanted to eat at the restaurant made famous by When Harry Met Sally, so we went there as well.  We had the best pizza I've ever tasted at Ray's.  Basically, I had a BLAST!!


The rest of my family didn't enjoy themselves nearly as much.  My parents thought it was a very dirty place and my brother thought it was far too hot.  Well, duh!, it's July and it's probably cooler here than it is in Florida.


Anyway, we went back to NY in the summers of 2006 and 2008.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself both times we returned.  In fact, in 2008, I ditched the family and walked around by myself.  I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, went to Tiffany's and went to Central Park.


Unfortunately, I've only ever been to NY in the summer.  I would LOVE to go ice skating in Rockefeller Center, see the Rockettes and go on a carriage ride around Central Park while it's snowing.  I would enjoy seeing the leaves changing around the city as well.


Before I met Doug, I planned to move to NY to teach.  It would just be Hattie and me, two girls in NYC.  Hattie would protect me and I could venture around the city at my leisure during time off.  Riiight.  Because I'd have time off between my 4 jobs that I would need just to pay for my apartment.


I can't wait until my next trip to NYC.  I don't know when that will be (hint, hint Doug!), but I will cherish it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment