January 9, 2012

BCS Championship


Tonight there is a little football game in New Orleans called the BCS Championship.  The LSU Tigers, who are 13-0 will be playing the Alabama Crimson Tide, who are 12-1, their only loss is to LSU.   Don't get me started on why these two teams shouldn't be playing each other for the National Championship.

I am a HUGE LSU fan and cannot stand Alabama.  This is for a few reasons. 1) Alabama and LSU are arch rivals. 2) I live in Alabama and have to deal with Alabama fans and their "Roll Tide" garbage all around town.  What does Roll Tide even mean? And who has an elephant for a mascot?  

However, the biggest reason I do not like Alabama is that they are pompous and wicked fans.  I recently watched a documentary that detailed the intense rivalry between Alabama and Auburn, the other major university in this state.  One of the Auburn fans pulled an innocent prank on the Alabama campus.  To retaliate, a fan from Alabama went to Auburn and poisoned (killed) all of the trees in a certain area of campus.  That is taking it way too far.  At the end of the day, it's just a game.

Anyway, off my soapbox.  The teams are playing in the Superdome, where my beloved Saints play as well.  LSU went to the Superdome in 2003 and 2007 to play for the Championship.  We won both years, so I am hoping that will bring us good luck tonight.

I am not delusional though.  I know that this will be a very hard match-up (we only won by 3 points in overtime when we played them earlier this year) and that LSU will need to come ready to play.  I think it will come down to who wants the championship more.  

My score prediction: LSU-17 Bama-13
Doug's score prediction: LSU-15 Bama-9

No comments:

Post a Comment